What is Feeding Your Demons®?
Feeding Your Demons® is a profoundly transformative practice to work with inner conflict, unhealthy patterns, and disturbing emotions. It is a non-invasive method and provides long-lasting benefits, developed by a renowened Lama Tsultrim Allione.
What issues can I work on through this method?
- anxieties and fears;
- feeling overwhelmed, burdened, and incapable of coping;
- irritability, anger, impatience;
- challenges with clear communication and expressing one’s voice;
- problems in personal relationships and family;
- (over)working and job-related stress,
- destructive patterns of behavior (additions to substance use, attachments, gaming, porn);
- low self-esteem;
- neglecting self (and care for self, on the expanse of others).
What is a demon?
A demon in this practice is anything that drains your energy and prevents you from being at peace. It can be physical, psychological, emotional, and/or energetic hindrances. Hence demon – here does not refer to something external and evil, but is used as a metaphor to denote our emotional problems, obscurations and sources of inner conflict.
How can I experience Feeding Your Demons?
I am a certified facilitator, authorized by Lama Tsultrim Allione, to guide individuals, couples, and groups through the process. I am a mother, teacher, and practitioner in my daily life.
What is the origin of the practice?
The method was developed by Lama Tustrim Allione, a respected Buddist teacher who is recognized as an emanation of 11th-century yogi Machig Labdron. Feeding Your Demons® is a therapeutic as well as a spiritual practice.
It is therapeutic because it integrates Western psychotherapeutic methods (a modified version of an empty chair dialogue from Gestalt Psychology; the principle of shadow from analytical psychology).
It is spiritual because it is imbued with Buddhist philosophy, and its understanding of the Self is rooted in the Heart Sutra (Prajnaparamita). However, you do not need to be a Buddhist to practice and benefit from this method. Through this method, you can work with the aspects of your psyche and life that are troublesome to you, primarily fears, anxieties, psychological blockages, destructive behaviors, and relationships.
How can I learn more about Feeding Your Demons?
- Read Lama Tsultrim Allione’s book “Feeding Your Demons“
- Read Frequently Asked Questions about the practice.
- Consider working with facilitators/licensed therapists of the method.
…” Perhaps everything terrible in us is, in its deepest being, something helpless needing our help.”R. M. Rilke